New sports and fitness facilities Now Open!
Purpose built "Cage Cricket Pitch" - The first one in the WORLD!
"Your Park Your Say" (Survey still running)!
New improvements and facilities are planned to make Ordsall park one of the best in Salford!
The story so far.....
Ordsall Park is a fantastic community green space, and has benefited from some improvements and new facilities in the last few years.
These improvements and new facilities have included:-
- A green gym.
- Nature trail plaques.
- New seating and picnic tables.
- Extra rubbish bins.
- Refurbishment of the young children’s play area.
- Trim trail play area.
- Community Garden
- Older childrens' play area with a helicopter swing, large cargo net unit and a five swing unit.
Whilst the community garden is located in a quiet corner of the park in front of nine acre court. The garden provides an area to relax and enjoy year round colour and aroma of the plants and shrubs and includes some sensory planting. The garden was designed to be accessible by all, young and old and is disabled friendly with some raised beds ideal for wheelchair users. The garden is managed by the friends of Ordsall park group along with Salford city council's ranger for Ordsall Park, and a group of volunteers.
The future....and why we need YOUR HELP!
Ordsall Park is to benefit from funding to provide major improvements and new facilities over the next two years. We are now asking you, our community to help shape the future of the park and make it your local green space to be proud of.
Suggestions so far include:-
Access & Signage
- A new pedestrian entrance next to the existing vehicle “barrier” entrance sometimes referred to as the “Tesco” entrance. This will provide easier access for disabled users, people with buggies / pushchairs and bicycles.
- New clear signage around the park, and possibly a new sign on Trafford road including “wayfinder” signage near to Tesco express.
- New pathway through woodland area between Trafford road and the artificial football pitch.
- Teen Shelter.
- Skate Park.
- New wide footpath around the grassed football pitch which could be used as a running track.
- Repainting of the park lamp posts and cleaning of the light globes.
- External renovation of the “bowlers” toilet unit.
- Creating biodiversity with planting & working towards Green Flag status.
- General Refurbishment & Improvements
Complete our online survey Click Here